Did you know that the Aviation Cocktail was once considered a lost cocktail and is now making a comeback? This drink is perfect for you if you're a fan of classic cocktails. In this recipe, we'll show you how to make an Aviation Cocktail that's sure to impress.
How to Make an Aviation Cocktail
The Aviation Cocktail is a classic gin-based cocktail created in the early 20th century. This drink has a distinctive flavour and a beautiful pale blue colour that sets it apart from other cocktails.
You'll find the following ingredients in the classic aviation cocktail:
- 2 oz gin (we use aviation gin for the aviation cocktail, obviously)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 oz Creme de Violette
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
Here's how to make the perfect Aviation Cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add gin, lemon juice, Maraschino liqueur, and Creme de Violette to the shaker.
- Shake well for about 10-15 seconds until the shaker is cold to the touch.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Whether you're looking for a new drink to try or a classic cocktail to perfect, the Aviation Cocktail is a must-try. So go ahead, grab your shaker, and get ready to make the perfect Aviation Cocktail.