Margaritas are a classic cocktail that has been enjoyed forever. Whether you're enjoying them on the beach or at your favorite cocktail bar, there's nothing more refreshing than this simple and delicious drink. You'll find plenty of different recipes, but this classic margarita recipe on the rocks is the best!
- 1 oz lime juice (about 1 lime)
- .5 oz triple sec (1/2 shot)
- 1.5 oz silver tequila
- .5 oz simple syrup (sugar & water)
How to make classic margaritas
Add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup to your favorite cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously until well-chilled. Strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge if you're feeling fancy; otherwise, we won't judge you if you don't have one handy.
- Note: The recipe above is for an individual serving size margarita. If you plan on serving more than one person at once, multiply the ingredients by how many people will be drinking them!
Margarita recipe on the rocks tips
If you want your margarita to be a true classic, you must use the best ingredients.
- The tequila should have a good flavor and be made from 100% agave.
- Lime juice should have a fresh, citrusy taste that brings out the flavour of tequila and orange liqueur.
- A quality brand of orange liqueur is essential for adding depth to the drink without being overpowering or artificial.
Minor changes - big flavors
Have you checked out our Ultimate Margarita Recipe yet? We made a few small tweaks but it adds a world of flavors.
So, the next time you look for a great summer drink recipe, look no further than this classic margarita recipe. It's easy to make and will surely please even your pickiest friends!