The “Cosmopolitan” commonly referred to as the "Cosmo,” belongs on the list of world-famous cocktails such as the Negroni and the Moscow Mule. The pale pink drink was the most popular cocktail of the 1990s, even though nobody had heard of it before.
Recipe for Cosmopolitan Cocktail
Fancy a Cosmo? Cocktails like this sweet and sour balanced cocktail are perfect for girls night, stagette parties, or some pre-dancing drinks. Have a party coming up soon? Or want to get familiar with unique flavours of the recipe for cosmopolitan cocktails? We got you covered.
Below we tell you everything you need to know about the recipe for cosmopolitan cocktail, and we share tips on how to make Cosmopolitan yourself.
Ingredients for Cosmopolitan
The best part about this delectable libation is that you only need a few ingredients.
- 2 ounces vodka
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ¾ ounce cranberry juice cocktail
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- Lime peel, for garnish
How to make Cosmopolitan
- Cool your Martini glass by filling it with ice
- Pour the vodka, cointreau, lime, and cranberry juice into your cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for twenty seconds.
- Remove the ice from the pre-chilled Martini glass and pour out the Cocktail.
- Garnish with a lime peel.
Tips on how to make a Cosmopolitan.
- Lemon-flavored vodka is fresher and fruitier than the classic one and has notes of lemon zest. A great choice for lemon-flavored vodka is Absolut Citron.
- Cranberry juice has a sweet and sour taste and will make the cocktail light pink. The berry is very healthy, it works and fights against kidney stones and bladder infection, among other things. Tip: Several brands are marketing cranberry juice. The Ocean Spray brand is world famous and prepares its juice in an authentic way.
- The fresh lime juice ensures that the Cosmopolitan has a fresh taste.
An easy way to transform an ordinary evening meal into something special is by trying this recipe for Cosmopolitan cocktail. With its lightness, tartness, and fruity flavor, it pairs well with most foods, and it just looks delicious!
Looking for a cosmopolitan with a twist?
Even though we thoroughly enjoy a classic cosmopolitan recipe, we’ll never steer away from a cosmopolitan with a twist. Check out a couple of slight variations on this classic recipe.
- Try making a classic cosmopolitan but subbing the vodka with blueberry flavoured vodka for a slightly sweeter flavor.
- Instead of cranberry juice, use pomegranate juice.
And if you want to follow the classic recipe but take a much different approach;
- 1 ½ oz White Cranberry Juice
- ½ oz Fresh Lemon
- ¼ oz Cranberry Syrup
- ¾ oz Solerno or similar
- 1 ½ oz Hangar
- Dehydrated blood orange float
Cosmos add a little zing and life to any evening with their citrusy, tangy, vodka-heavy flavor. You don't have to save these for a special occasion; have one tonight. You deserve it!